Too excited.
I leave in two days.
Ich abreise in zwei tage.
Saying goodbye has been tougher than I thought it would be.
It's really varied from person to person.
Because I feel like I'll see everyone next week.....
I won't.
Leaving my closest friends has been pretty easy.... I know I'll come back and they'll be here.
Hopefully.
Same thing with my family.
But the young ones.... it's hard to explain what is happening.
SIDE STORY.
After church today, I was saying goodbye to my cousin, Drew (9) and he gets it... gave me a hug and a kiss goodbye.
Along with my Aunt and Uncle.
Now... Faith, my 5 year old cousin, my closest cousin... she doesn't get it.
Kids are stubborn.
Especially this kid.
No hug, no kiss... this happens quite often with her, but I know there will be another time when she is in a better mood so I can get a million hugs and kisses from her after we do a make over or paint each others nails or something.
At my going away party, she kind of understood.
She said "When you get back, I'll be 6!" Yes, Faith... that's right. And I was glad she got it.
Then later she asked "Where are you going?"
Broke my heart.
God, I love her....
Back to earlier today.
Okay, so my aunt and I were trying to explain that I would be gone for a long long time, and I told her that the next time I see her will be around VBS time. (Vacation Bible School.... I lead all the kids in sing and praise every year. She absolutely loves it.)
Her eyes were welled with tears...not trying to cry, her eyes were wide open... and she just asked "Why"
Long story short, I am going to miss her and I hope she understands that I love her to death.
Sorry for getting all serious on you.
I'm really actually excited.
This adventure will be life changing.
And I know I'll see everyone again.
I wonder what it will be like leaving Germany.
It's hard to believe that THAT will be my 2nd home....my 2nd family....I can't even fathom how it's going to be. But I can't wait to find out.
Oh.
I skyped with some of the people that will be in my class in Germany. They are really nice :) Max and Simon... nice nice boys. They asked if I want to sit by them in school.
So weird.
Yano, like... weird..... having friends over there already.
Anyways.
So when I get there, it'll be 6 AM... that's midnight here.
I'm going to be all FUNKYJUNKY when I land... people are getting up. I'M TRYNNA SLEEP!!
PS, see what I did with 'funky junky'? Yeah, I did that. Schwarz, rot, und gelb.
Wait, what was that Kennadi?
Oh, that's black, red, and yellow in German, dontcha know?
Rambling once again.
I tend to do that.
I'm so ready for this.
Wo bist du? Schreiben sie etwas!
ReplyDelete