Sunday, June 26, 2011

Preparation

It's been a little nuts getting ready for GermGerm.
Most days I'm super excited for my adventure..
Other days..... I'm super nervous, but I keep my big girl smile on.
Okay, so I have all I need... I have all the clothes, I have all the electronics, I have everything. Now all I really need is...
PATIENCE.
I'm waiting for some guarantee forms? I don't actually know..... so all I do is wait.
Wait.
Wait.
Wait.

Recently, I've been putting together a slideshow of my city and country; Darmstadt, Deutschland.
Sometimes I think I don't know anything about the country I'm going to and it scares me.... really, I feel like I don't know ANYTHING about MY OWN country. < that's scary.

My next 'conference' I'm going to is July 8th through 10th. I'll be with SOOOO many exchange students.
Inbounds, outbounds, and rebounds.
Kennadi, what are inbounds, outbounds, and rebounds? Good question, follower.
Inbound [noun]:1) a person who is currently an exchange student. e.g.: At Calvin college (that's where my next conference is), there will still be people in America from Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Chile, Croatia, France, Switzerland, etc.
Outbound [noun]:1) a person who is preparing to BE an exchange student. e.g.: Me. I am an outbound right now in America, and once I'm in Germany I will be considered an 'inbound' in that country.
Rebound [noun]:1) a person who has come back from their host country to their home country. e.g.: In two years, I will be in this situation. I have had my preperation time, my actual exchange, and my settling back stage.

bada bing bada  boom

I just realized it was pointless for me to put a "1)"....but it kinda made it look....professional?
That's not the word, but I'm not gonna stress about it.

I'd say this was a pretty successful first blog.
Maybe not.
I kinda liked it.
(Insert something here)
AHHHH

^^^my attempt of looking cool

And this now concludes my blog.

1 comment:

  1. OMG....I really can't believe how much our brains are alike! I can toootally follow your thought process....it's really how I roll as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete