(Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag)
...long way of saying Happy Birthday.
I…… am 17 years old.
--And I feel the same.
But I’m still really happy J
I’m so grateful for what I have here – it was definitely d i f f e r e n t celebrating here, but this I guess… was my chance to see a new way of celebrating, just like I did during Christmas….
[[Just like I have been doing my whole time here… experiencing new things.]]
- Here, it’s super formal. Like, lemme tell ya…. While we were having our coffee and muffins/cake at a quiet table, following up with some bread and wine, I was thinking about what would be happening at that moment at home;
- There would be kids banging on the piano making ‘beautiful music’,
- Kids sliding the stairs with different objects,
- The little girls playing in my room with lipstick/dolls that they found while jumping on my bed…
- Dogs trying to steal food,
And so on and so forth.
Once again, it wasn't better or worse.... it was just different.
I mean, I will never have a birthday like that again.
Let me tell ya about what I got...
-Chocolate... looking forward to gaining some more Kilos ;) [no, really.. it's worth it]
-A book of pictures of my next city, Bad Homburg..
-A small notebook
-Socks that my 1st host mom knitted for me
-100 euros from my Grandma and Grandpa at home :)
Speaking of home, I got the package from my parents a few weeks ago and decided to open it early on Skype with them...
The two best things in that package...
Ramen...noodles!
And a bracelet <3
A bracelet that says "Love you most" on it.
A bracelet that says "Love you most" on it.
My mom and I say that almost every time we talk before we go.
But I really think I'll always be the one that loves her most.
No...question...about it. <3
No...question...about it. <3
Can I rewind for a second?
--pff, it's my blog... I can do what I want!
The whole night I was a-okay... and then my host dad brought out just a simple little plate with a bunch of candles sitting on it....... and they sang to me. They sang one of the German versions of 'Happy Birthday'.
Well, I lost it...
(as you can see here... Ennie, my 1st host dog came too... so she was kind of my cover up so people "didn't know" I was crying"
The thing is... I don't even know why I was crying... was I sad or homesick or grateful or shocked or what? ... I think it was just a mixture of a bunch of emotions.
The thing is... I don't even know why I was crying... was I sad or homesick or grateful or shocked or what? ... I think it was just a mixture of a bunch of emotions.
...Then, of course.. everything was great!
My to-be-host-sister seems pretty excited to have me as her big sister... and I really just can't wait :) I'll miss Leo, but my 3rd host dad said she is totally welcome to come over for a weekend... so I'm not worried one bit! <3
I leave this house....
I leave this house....
in two weeks.
TWO WEEKS!
Time really does fly... I mean....... I was so proud of being four... and now I'm seventeen?!
And in Germany?!
And in Germany?!
Already about to leave to my third host family?!
And then go on a three week Europa Tour in April?!
just getting excited...
Things really have been going well though... the school and everything...
I'm in a 6th grade Englisch class... and they are all so sweet.
We're planning on having a little breakfast party next-next Tuesday since it'll be my last day with them.
Really, all of the school is great... I am doing this Casting thing... kind of like a talent show...
We're planning on having a little breakfast party next-next Tuesday since it'll be my last day with them.
Really, all of the school is great... I am doing this Casting thing... kind of like a talent show...
And when I was going to audition a little boy [no idea who he is] yelled "Kennadi ist hier! Kennadi ist hier!!!!"
Then all the kids were excited...
They really make my exchange something else :)
Then all the kids were excited...
They really make my exchange something else :)
Anyways... I'm not trying to bore you or anything... just one more thing...
Tomorrow, I see my exchange students again! We, inbounds, are going to meet the German outbounds here! It should be a blast!
I'm gonna strut my little 17-year-old patootie ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment