- boring subject?
- get over it.
1st host family...
Grimms.
I went to Ludwig-Georg-Gymnasium.... it is a very old, Latin kind of school...
--it was t o u g h , not going to lie.. but the people were of course nice.
along with my host family.
I definitely had hard times... but that's totally normal.
My "brother" felt like a true brother to me... we would stay up late and talk, or he would steal my laptop now and again.
My "brother" felt like a true brother to me... we would stay up late and talk, or he would steal my laptop now and again.
My "parents" were always there for me...
Rüdiger and I would have really deep talks... he just kind of understood where I was coming from--which is sometimes hard to get across.
Beate and I had our hard times, but she really is in a special place in my heart. We just laid next to each other in my bed one night talking about life...it was so comforting. She even gave me a stuffed bear that was her daughters' when they were babies.
hoppin.over.to.my.next.family
Wiemanns.
Now I go to Erich Kästner-Schule...which is TTTTOOOOTTTTAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY different than my first school.
At first, I was quite enraged that I had to switch schools... but what's cool is;
I see so many different "lifestyles".
For the first time, I'm doing homework and stuff... and people at this school are actually interested that I come from the United States... makes me feel special.
At first, I thought that every school was like LGG, and every family was like the Grimms.--it's totally different, and it's a nice wake-up call.
I mean, look at your life for a second... it's way different than even your next door neighbor's!
This family is definitely different...
And yano... at first I was expecting the same kind of love.
And yano... at first I was expecting the same kind of love.
{what I actually didn't realize...}
- it's just a different kind of love.
--The mom is stricter and...well, very "German", but she really does care.
----The dad likes to sit down, laugh, but also listen to the important stuff.
----The dad likes to sit down, laugh, but also listen to the important stuff.
My host siblings are great.
Simon just turned 16...he's really funny, but also kind of distant... but that's normal for a teenage boy, I would say.
Katharina turned 20 a couple weeks ago... we go to Schwitzfit twice a week together... it's a really great fitness centre :) [ I definitely need it considering what has happened to my poor little body since I've been here ]
LEONIE ... is my favorite, but shh! We are almost constantly together when we're both home. She's 13...and the greatest sister I could ever ask for!
She actually JUST walked in and asked me what the song is called that I always sing in the shower..........
embarrassing
She actually JUST walked in and asked me what the song is called that I always sing in the shower..........
embarrassing
-I guess everyone hears me during my shower times d:
So there she goes...
with my iPod
...about to listen to 'Everything' by Michael Bublé.
The little things to our relationship make it the best.
She's sometimes the only thing that really keeps me holding on ... it's sometimes hard in this house, but then I remember that I have Leo :)
3rd familyyyy!
--I've met them a few times, but I actually spent the night on Sunday so I REALLY got a feel for the family.
3rd familyyyy!
--I've met them a few times, but I actually spent the night on Sunday so I REALLY got a feel for the family.
oh.
my.
goodness gracious.
I CAN'T WAIT!
The mom, Kristin, is American.... which is wonderful.
[[she has that dry, sarcastic, hilarious humor that people don't have here]]
-- We connect SOOO well... just talking and laughing about everything.
The dad, Christoph, is German...but has that American flair to him.
way nice.
way funny.
way cool.
way nice.
way funny.
way cool.
THE KIDS!
totally bilingual...it's amazing.
[I might be spelling the kids' names wrong, but here we go]
Klara is 11 I think... and she has SO much s p u n k to her!
--We were playing a game [she was winning] and she said very sincerely,
"I'm sorry, but I really like winning."
[I won.] ;)
--We were playing a game [she was winning] and she said very sincerely,
"I'm sorry, but I really like winning."
[I won.] ;)
Antone....Anthone...Anthon......? Sounds like Antone.... just turned 15, and he's always crackin' jokes.
He's a little quiet, but once you start a conversation with him, he's a very sweet boy :)
SAMMY. is my dog. the cutest dog. in the world. (aside from my puppies at home)
He seriously the most playful little thing ever... I can't remember what kind of dog he is... but I just know that he's way cute and always jumps up on me when I come in the room, and brings me a chicken head to play with, or just lays on my lap and takes a short nap. <3
He seriously the most playful little thing ever... I can't remember what kind of dog he is... but I just know that he's way cute and always jumps up on me when I come in the room, and brings me a chicken head to play with, or just lays on my lap and takes a short nap. <3
Let me tell you about where my room is.
I go up a few flights of stairs... to a floor with only three rooms. The three rooms are;
- My bedroom.
- The bathroom.
- The piano room.
They have a grand piano, which I can't wait to use...
Right now, all I have a keyboard, which is still a nice gesture, considering they don't have a piano... we borrowed it from the church for a few months.
back to my third host family
On Monday, I visited the school and met the principal... she's way nice :)
but listen up!
but listen up!
all girls catholic school.
Soooo different! But I'm excited :)
New subject.
My dad...real dad...decided to have a heart attack back at home.
^^bad idea, I must say.
That....was so tough on me... being so far away.
I had friends and family pray for him...and now he's back on his feet and better at home!
But he was there for 2 days because of his heart attack.
Luckily I got to skype with him and joke around...
just like we always do.
I told him not to have another heart attack.
He agreed that he wouldn't do that again.
When he was home, we skyped again...
And I couldn't believe how many errors I was making.
And I couldn't believe how many errors I was making.
Not soooo many, but enough to notice that this German is messin up my Englisch.
I've been making mistakes here and there throughout my time here in Germany.
"We should make a photo." - I directly translated it and said PHOTO, not PICTURE... - Wir sollten ein Foto machen.
"How do you find my parents?" - Once again... direct translation. - Wie findes du meine Eltern?
"Now I can watch rated R films." No... That one wasn't so bad, but film is British Englisch, and we also say film in German. "Jetzt kann ich 'rated R' Filme gucken."
"How do you find my parents?" - Once again... direct translation. - Wie findes du meine Eltern?
"Now I can watch rated R films." No... That one wasn't so bad, but film is British Englisch, and we also say film in German. "Jetzt kann ich 'rated R' Filme gucken."
"Have you one?" Can't remember what I was asking for... but "Hast du eins?" is what that is in German....... the grammar was WRONG in Englisch.
And I just noticed that I spelled "English" wrong every time...
Whatever.
I'd say this is the end to my blog.
I hope it was informative and a little bit creative.
Next blog I'll probably be 17 :) Just 12 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment