Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Weihnachten.

Christmas.


[to sum it up... it was surprisingly perfect]


But I'm sure you want the long drawn out story, ne?

Differences;
We celebrate it on the 24th at night.
  • I had to get all prettied up with my host sisters and wait upstairs with them until about 6.
  • We couldn't be by the tree...so we had to wait for a sound of a  b e l l .
  • When that was rung, we went downstairs and began the present opening.
It's actually very formal.

Not like tearing everything up and getting it done and over with...
one
by
one

we opened our gifts.

THE BEST SURPRISE EVER?!?!
  • package from my parents.
I had been ASKING and ASKING if it had arrived yet...
nope.
nope.
nope.
And then we were finished... all Christmas gifts were gone.
And I was okay with that.

And then I saw it... awhhhhhhh MAN did I see it.... yep, I saw it.

It made my Christmas absolutely PERFEKT.

My favorite gift?

A necklace that had a line from one of my favorite songs engraved in it...
You'll be with me like a hand print on my heart.

hand-made.
one of a kind!

Then of course all the little things I received... it was absolutely amazing. <3

{let me continue now}
Around 10:30 we headed to the church... mass started at 11 and went for about an hour...
then we had some meet and great time.

My host siblings and I went home early because it was kind of boring. 

onto.the.next.day

We traveled a few hours to my host dad's side of the family... and that night we had a get together with his mom... my "Oma".

I really actually no question about it felt at home.

kein heimweh.

overall it was  p e r f e c t .

and now....well... in two days we will go to Southern Germany and go skiing :)
this has been a GREAT break...

and a great family.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get to look for the pickle on the Christmas tree? I found out just over a week ago that it is a German Tradition. I found the pickle on a tree this year and got a wonderful pickle gift that is was after I had enjoyed the tree and helped pick everything up after the tree fell over.

    ReplyDelete